What in Needed to Get Started
Probate Administration Cases
Clients are often under the impression they have to wait for a death certificate to start the probate process. This is not true, we don’t need a copy of the death certificate to begin the process.
To get started, we do need the following:
- Completed intake form – here is a link to the forms.
- A signed engagement letter – we can email this to you. It can be signed online by computer or on your phone.
- Payment – we can email a payment link with full payment options, including credit card, debit card, paypal, etc.
- If there is a will, a copy of the will (do not un-staple or alter the will in making the copy to send to us).
You can email or fax these items to us, mail them to us, or drop them off.
We can begin with your case once we get these items.
Probate Litigation Cases
These cases vary. In light of this, we request that you call us to discuss the items needed. In these cases, it also helps if you can forward the will or trust instrument at issue (if any).
To help make the call productive, please be prepared to:
- Describe the family relationships. Who died, did they have a spouse and/or children, etc.
- Describe the dispute. Does it involve the interpretation of a will or trust, undue influence, mental capacity, etc.